Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Connecting Through Language
Today when I visited the Saint Jude R.C. school for the second time, I experienced the feeling of gratitude. I chose to help a class of third graders take their English writing exam. Because the classes were so big, and there was only one teacher, the writing skill levels varied. The English literacy rate being very low in the classroom in which I helped played a large role in this. The kids who could speak English well were the ones writing two page essays while the kids who could speak very little English barely wrote anything at all. I tried my best to use my knowledge of Spanish to help the kids translate their essays, and I had fun doing so. This experience has helped me see the best in things, and has made me appreciate the things in life that I may take for granted.
Hi Mom and Dad,
I am having a great time in Belize and I love and miss you all so much. I can't wait to share the experiences I have had when I return to Maryland, and to find out who won the Cleveland vs Golden State games.
Love,
Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment