Sunday, June 14, 2015
Night Snorkeling
Last night we went night snorkeling and it was the most scary/awesome thing I have ever experienced. There was a small thunderstorm while we were doing it so all the fish came out of their hiding places. The coolest part of it was the bio luminescence which looked like little fireflies that lit up the deep, dark ocean. We also got to see an eel which was sleeping under the coral. Our snorkeling guides explained to us that each animal had some kind of defense and distinct characteristic. I can relate this to humans and how each of us can look like the other but we still have our own way of living and our own personality. I saw this the most in sting rays. There were big sting rays and little ones and not one looked the same but the all had the same defense which is a barb on the tail that shoots upward instantly getting rid of any predators when they feel harmed. This may sound like a good technique except for it takes a while before they grow it back in which they probably die in that time period.
Dear Mom, Dad, Alex and Bella,
I miss you all soooo much and can't wait to see you. I'm craving Mac and cheese so PLEASE buy some for Tuesday night. Tobacco Caye is really nice and underwater it's even nicer. Love you.
-Elena
P.S. I got sunburned. And have a lot of bug bites. And got stung by a lot of moon jelly:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment